Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Broken tail piece

Well, I received a phone call from the company that makes the American Eagle B-24 kit.  Bob told me that as he was taking out the tail piece of the plane it broke and had to start over.  He has made a new one and will be shipping it soon.  He confirmed with me what has been shipped and what parts I'm missing.  He was very kind and was happy to throw in an extra turret so I can mount it on the nose (the standard setup has a glass nose cone). 

I've been trying to work on other parts while I'm waiting.  I've found out that my previous laser cutter guy has stopped taking orders.  I'm now having to re-draw my fowler flap hinges and send them off to another company to be laser cut out of 1/8" plywood.  I had already done this in my previous plane and now I have to do it all over again.  Very frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment